|Participating in Leadership Louisiana means a one-year commitment to participate in six two-day sessions, scheduled approximately every other month. The sessions begin Thursday late afternoon/early evening and adjourn Saturday at noon. For program integrity, Opening and Closing Retreats are mandatory in attendance. Class members can miss one of the remaining four sessions and still graduate form the program.
Major session topics include education and workforce training, the economy and strategies for growth, history and politics, newsmedia, arts and culture, criminal justice, healthcare, and poverty.
Core elements of Leadership Louisiana sessions include:
- In-depth, strategic information about critical issues from leading experts
- On-site demonstrations and tours
- Leaders who are making a difference with real solutions
- Diverse geographical and cultural experiences
- Open dialogue and frank exchanges through round-table discussions
- Insight into the people, places and history that influence public policies
- Fun and casual settings which foster new relationships and camaraderie
- Resource materials, travel guides, on-line sites, reports, local profiles and all the latest news on a variety of issues, attractions and events in Louisiana
Host Sites for Leadership Louisiana include:
- Baton Rouge
- New Orleans
- Lake Charles
- Houma/Thibodaux/Port Fourchon
“""What a learning experience!
The challenging information combined with great people gave me a powerful boost.”